Bitcoin price action forecast after Clarity Act and ahead of Federal Reserve decision
<p>Bitcoin price analysis: Less bearish than it looks? Watch $77,550</p><p>By Itai Levitan | September 16, 2026 | Analysis ahead of the Fed decision</p><p>Bitcoin futures are showing more resilience than the bearish news backdrop might suggest. Following the Clarity Act disappoin
16 DE SET DE 2026Por Administrador FynarkFonte: Forexlive

<p>Bitcoin price analysis: Less bearish than it looks? Watch $77,550</p><p>By Itai Levitan | September 16, 2026 | Analysis ahead of the Fed decision</p><p>Bitcoin futures are showing more resilience than the bearish news backdrop might suggest. Following the Clarity Act disappointment, the four-hour chart shows buyers responding near support. Bulls have not regained control, but sustained trading above $77,550 would change my assessment and strengthen the case for a broader recovery.</p><p>All levels below refer to CME continuous Bitcoin futures, not spot BTCUSD. The accompanying snapshot was around $76,270 at 13:57 UTC+2 on September 16. The latest four-hour candle was still developing.</p><p>Watch: Why Bitcoin bears should pay attention</p><p>In the video, I explain why the rebound matters, where the bullish case needs confirmation, and why traders already short may want to consider protecting part of their profits.</p><p><a href="https://youtu.be/7GdYO3lkuA8" rel="follow">Watch the Bitcoin analysis on YouTube</a>.</p><p>Bad news has not settled the next move</p><p>The decline was substantial: Bitcoin futures fell from the September 14 high near $79,740 to the September 15 low of $74,925, briefly slipping below $75,000.</p><p>That damage should not be dismissed. For the earlier bearish perspective, see investingLive’s <a href="https://investinglive.com/cryptocurrency/bitcoin-technicals-the-gains-from-yesterday-from-a-price-and-technical-perspective-are-being-unraveled-today/" rel="follow">Bitcoin technical analysis of the reversal in the previous day’s gains</a>.</p><p>My focus now is how price responds after that decline. Buyers are pushing back near an important support area, even though the recovery remains inside a descending channel. I see a potential bullish flag, a falling consolidation that could eventually resolve higher, but it remains an interpretation rather than a confirmed breakout.</p><p>A market can remain technically damaged while becoming less attractive to chase lower. That is why existing shorts and traders considering a fresh short face different decisions.</p><p>The Bitcoin futures levels that matter next</p>$75,400-$75,600: The support battle<p style="margin: 6px 0 0;">Price has traded on both sides of this area, so it is contested support. Holding above it would keep the rebound attempt alive. A renewed completed four-hour close below it would weaken the recovery and put the $74,925 low back in focus.</p>$76,800-$77,100: The first repair zone<p style="margin: 6px 0 0;">This band contains broken support and nearby resistance. A completed four-hour close above it, followed by a pullback that holds, would strengthen the recovery argument. Rejection would suggest former support is becoming resistance.</p>$77,550: My bullish control threshold<p style="margin: 6px 0 0;">In my assessment, bulls regain control if price moves above this level and sustains the recovery. A brief push above followed by a reversal below would not qualify. This is the key distinction between testing resistance and holding beyond it.</p>$78,800-$79,000: The wider breakout test<p style="margin: 6px 0 0;">The descending channel ceiling sits around this area in the snapshot and falls over time. Regaining $77,550 would improve the near-term picture; clearing the channel would offer stronger evidence that the broader decline is changing.</p><p>In the video, I also discuss $84,000-$85,000 as a possible extension if a stronger breakout develops. That is a later bullish scenario, conditional on repairing the intervening resistance, not an immediate target for the current bounce.</p><p>The Fed keeps both outcomes open</p><p>The Federal Reserve’s September meeting concludes on September 16, according to its <a href="https://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/fomccalendars.htm" rel="follow">official meeting calendar</a>. The next catalyst could either reinforce the recovery or expose its weakness.</p><p>For the downside scenario, see investingLive’s discussion of <a href="https://investinglive.com/cryptocurrency/after-the-failed-clarity-act-vote-bitcoin-could-extend-losses-if-the-fomc-delivers-a-hawkish-surprise/" rel="follow">Bitcoin’s vulnerability to a hawkish Fed surprise after the Clarity Act disappointment</a>. The broader risk-asset context is explored in <a href="https://investinglive.com/stocks/the-s-p-500-reached-its-pain-threshold-with-oil-above-100-a-hawkish-fed-could-exacerbate-the-losses/" rel="follow">the S&P 500 outlook linking oil above $100 with hawkish Fed risk</a>.</p><p>For traders already short, taking partial profits near support is one way to reduce exposure while the next move remains unresolved. It does not require turning bullish. For those watching a potential recovery, the question is whether Bitcoin can reclaim and hold the levels above, rather than merely spike through them during the news.</p><p>Bulls still have work to do, but the game remains open. If Bitcoin absorbs the disappointment and sustains a move above $77,550, traders should be prepared to reassess the bearish view.</p><p>Educational only. Trade at your own risk.</p>
This article was written by Itai Levitan at investinglive.com.
Fonte original: https://investinglive.com/cryptocurrency/bitcoin-price-action-forecast-after-clarity-act-and-ahead-of-federal-reserve-decision/
Notícias relacionadas

Cripto · 24 DE OUT DE 2026
Franklin Templeton adds $150 million in fund shares to XRP Ledger, all in one wallet

Cripto · 23 DE OUT DE 2026
Wells Fargo and five others object to OKX-ICE tokenized stock listings: Report

Cripto · 23 DE OUT DE 2026
IRS plans lower tax disclosure penalties, including for crypto: Forbes

Cripto · 23 DE OUT DE 2026